- “Climate change” talk and boardgame activity for the Zoology Club workshop at the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge (April 2020 – postponed due to COVID-19)
- Speaker for “Animal Cabaret” event at the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge Science Festival. (20th March 2020 – postponed due to COVID-19)
- “Climate change is not a game… but what if it was?” virtual talk organised by the Postdoc of Cambridge Society (16th April 2020)
- “Back to the future: species distribution through time”, outreach talk within the “Celebrating Women in Science and Conservation” event at the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge Science Festival. (7th March 2020) Video below.
- “Climate change” talk and boardgame activity with Year 10-12 students, within the “Meet the expert” program at the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge. (26th February 2020)
- “Ancient DNA”, outreach talk within the AIRIcerca Cambridge Chapter Spritz of Science series. (2nd February 2020)
- Talks on the topic of evolutionary biology at Kettlefield Primary School, Dullingham, Newmarket. (March 2019)
- Talks on the topic of “Genes, culture and diet: unbreakable links“ to high school students in Trieste and Bologna within the project “Un pozzo di scienza”, organized by Hera and Regione Emilia-Romagna. (March 2015)
- Talks on the topics of Prehistory, Human Evolution, and Biological Evolution for classes ranging between Key Stages 3 and 4 Scuola Pontificia Pio IX, Roma (2003, 2004, 2005)
volunteering for outreach events
- Pint of Science Cambridge 2020: Organiser within “Our Planet” team (December 2019 – May 2020 – postponed to September due to COVID-19 )
- Spritz of Science 2019-2020 series: co-organiser of the AIRIcerca Cambridge chapter monthly outreach events, held under the name of “Spritz of Science” (December 2019 – June 2020).
- Darwin Day 2020: Organiser of an outreach event on the topic of Charles and Emma Darwin on behalf of AIRIcerca Cambridge chapter, held at Darwin College (16th February 2020)
- Twilight Festival 2019: volunteer for the Botanical Garden for visitor reception and guiding activities (5th February 2019)
Interviews and media coverage
- Interview by Festival della Cultura Tecnica
- Interview on the News of the University of Ferrara: “Climate change the board game: il gioco da tavolo su evoluzione e clima“
- Profile on the Museum of Zoology blog, University of Cambridge: “Climate responses in absence of humans”
- Interview on Oggiscienza.it: “Climate change: un gioco da tavolo sul cambiamento climatico“
- Article on Nature research highlights: Tuscans’ roots in their corner of western Italy date back five millennia
- Mentioned by Guido Barbujani during the radio broadcast Fahrenheit (12 February 2018)
- Mentioned in the book by Guido Barbujani and Andrea Brunelli Il giro del mondo in sei milioni di anni. Il Mulino, 2018.
- I have created a print-and-play educational board game about climate change and evolution, freely available for download;
- I have co-founded AIRIcerca Cambridge chapter, a local chapter of Associazione Internazionale Ricercatori Italiani, and co-organised the social media and the outreach activities;
- I have written a chapter of a popular science book and collaborated to an exhibition catalogue;
- I have been translating to Italian and proof-reading (in Italian) for popular science texts (books, exhibition texts, etc.) on the topics of biology, genetics, archaeology, geology and palaeontology as a collaboration with Dr Herwig Prinoth (Museum Ladin) and popular science writer Paolo Gangemi;
- I have been a guide in archaeological websites for schoolchildren and tourists.
Graphics and painting
I had the pleasure to design a few logos, namely for the Evolutionary Ecology Group (University of Cambridge), for the 25th year anniversary of the Happy Hour of the Department of Zoology (University of Cambridge), for AIRIcerca Cambridge chapter and for its outreach event series “Spritz of Science”.
I also had the honour to contribute with two tiles painted by me to the permanent nature-inspired art exhibition in the Zoology Department (University of Cambridge).
Finally, I curated the graphics of “Climate Change – the board game“, that I created based on my work in the Evolutionary Ecology Group (University of Cambridge).